Microsoft releases Windows 10 21h1 on May 2021. You can go https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 to download this update.
Or you can use Windows update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/videoplayer/embed/RWEA3Y
If you want to download Windows 10 iso file version 21h1, you read this article: https://appsforpcfree.net/download-windows-10-iso-from-microsoft-2020/
Windows 10 21h1 features
Starting with Windows 10, version 20H2 and including this release, Latest Cumulative Updates (LCUs) and Servicing Stack Updates (SSUs) have been combined into a single cumulative monthly update, available via Microsoft Catalog or Windows Server Update Services.
A new resolved issues article is available that includes several new fixes for Windows Autopilot deployment scenarios.
A new Intune remote action: Collect diagnostics, lets you collect the logs from corporate devices without interrupting or waiting for the end user.
Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) Group Policy Service (GPSVC) has a performance improvement to support remote work scenarios:
- An issue is fixed that caused changes by an Active Directory (AD) administrator to user or computer group memberships to propagate slowly. Although the access token eventually updates, these changes might not appear when the administrator uses gpresult /r or gpresult /h to create a report.
Windows Defender Application Guard (WDAG)
WDAG performance is improved with optimized document opening times:
- An issue is fixed that could cause a one minute or more delay when you open a Microsoft Defender Application Guard (WDAG) Office document. This can occur when you try to open a file using a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path or Server Message Block (SMB) share link.
- A memory issue is fixed that could cause a WDAG container to use almost 1 GB of working set memory when the container is idle.
- The performance of Robocopy is improved when copying files over 400 MB in size.
Windows Hello multi-camera support is added, allowing users to choose an external camera priority when both external and internal Windows Hello-capable cameras are present.
The new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge browser is included with this release.
This release includes the following enhancements and issues fixed:
- a memory leak in Internet Explorer 11 that occurs when you use the Chinese language pack.
- COM+ callout policies that cause a deadlock in certain applications.
- an issue that prevents certain Win32 apps from opening as a different user when you use the runas
- unexpected screens during the Windows Out of Box Experience (OOBE).
- an issue that might cause a deadlock when a COM server delivers an event to multiple subscribers in parallel.
- an issue in Advanced display settings that shows the incorrect refresh rates available for high dynamic range (HDR) displays.
- an issue that might prevent certain CAD applications from opening if those applications rely on OpenGL.
- an issue that might cause video playback to flicker when rendering on certain low-latency capable monitors.
- an issue that sometimes prevents the input of strings into the Input Method Editor (IME).
- an issue that exhausts resources because Desktop Windows Manager (DWM) leaks handles and virtual memory in Remote Desktop sessions.
- a stop error that occurs at start up.
- an issue that might delay a Windows Hello for Business (WHfB) Certificate Trust deployment when you open the Settings-> Accounts-> Sign-in Options page.
- an issue that might prevent some keyboard keys from working, such as the home, Ctrl, or left arrow keys when you set the Japanese IME input mode to Kana.
- removed the history of previously used pictures from a user account profile.
- wrong language displayed on a console after you change the system locale.
- host process of Windows Remote Management (WinRM) can stop working when it formats messages from a PowerShell plugin.
- Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service caused a heap leak each time security settings are applied to WMI namespace permissions.
- screen rendering after opening games with certain hardware configurations.
- startup times for applications that have roaming settings when User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) is turned on.
- a principal in a trusted MIT realm fails to obtain a Kerberos service ticket from Active Directory domain controllers (DC). This occurs on devices that installed Windows Updates that contain CVE-2020-17049 protections and configured PerfromTicketSignature to 1 or higher. These updates were released between November 10, 2020 and December 8, 2020. Ticket acquisition also fails with the error, “KRB_GENERIC_ERROR”, if callers submit a PAC-less Ticket Granting Ticket (TGT) as an evidence ticket without providing the USER_NO_AUTH_DATA_REQUIRED flag.
- high memory and CPU utilization in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint.
- We enhanced data loss prevention and insider risk management solution functionalities in Microsoft 365 endpoints.
- an error when you attempt to open an untrusted webpage using Microsoft Edge or open an untrusted Microsoft Office document. The error is, “WDAG Report – Container: Error: 0x80070003, Ext error: 0x00000001”. This issue occurs after installing the .NET update KB4565627.
- an issue that prevents wevtutil from parsing an XML file.
- failure to report an error when the Elliptic Curve Digital Signature Algorithm (ECDSA) generates invalid keys of 163 bytes instead of 165 bytes.
- They added support for using the new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as the assigned access single kiosk app. Now, you can also customize a breakout key sequence for single app kiosks. For more information, see Configure Microsoft Edge kiosk mode.
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP) broadcast packets that are larger than the maximum transmission unit (MTU). Devices that receive these packets discard them because the checksum is not valid.
- the WinHTTP AutoProxy service does not comply with the value set for the maximum Time To Live (TTL) on the Proxy Auto-Configuration (PAC) file. This prevents the cached file from updating dynamically.
- They improved the ability of the WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service to ignore invalid Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Protocol (WPAD) URLs that the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server returns.
- They displayed the proper Envelope media type as a selectable output paper type for Universal Print queues.
- They ended the display of a random paper size for a printer when it uses the Microsoft Internet Printing Protocol (IPP) Class Driver.
- They enabled Windows to retrieve updated printer capabilities to ensure that users have the proper set of selectable print options.