If you are looking for the tools to compress your videos without affecting their quality, here I show you how to compress a video without losing quality. It is very useful when you want to upload very light videos to the cloud, send videos by WhatsApp or simply if you want your videos not to take up a lot of space.
10 programs to compress heavy videos
Most of the programs that I will present to you are video editors, so you will be able to edit the video before compressing it. The Quality of your videos will be maintained almost entirely since it is inevitable that a compressed video will maintain its Quality at 100%.
VLC is a popular free video player program globally as it is very versatile and can play almost any format. Something that you may not know about this program is that it also allows you to compress videos.
- You can compress videos by choosing the size and the output format.
- You can change a video from one format to another.
- Allows you to remove the audio from the video if you wish.
- It gives you basic editing options apart from reducing the size.
- It is compatible with Windows and macOS operating systems.
- It gives you the option to compress a single video or several at a time.
It is a free and multifunctional program compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux. It allows you to convert and compress videos in the most used formats and even works with DVD and BluRay sources without copy protection.
- It has support for VFR and CFR.
- It allows you to edit the video, such as clipping and filters.
- You can add subtitles to the video before compressing it.
- This program works with a preview of your video all the time.
- You can compress more than one video at a time.
- It maintains the Quality of the video or also allows you to modify it.
It is a very complete video editor whose functions include video compression. It is available for FreeBSD, Linux, macOS and Windows platforms. There is a free version and a paid version in which you can have access to more functions.
- It has support for many formats, including the most current ones.
- Delete the audio from your videos or change to another one you need.
- It allows you to combine resolutions and speeds within the same video.
- It has filters, white balance and grayscale.
- You can add transitions to your video.
- You can save and upload your compressed video as an XML or MLT file.
- It has support for more than 30 languages.
- It provides you with various output formats for your videos.
- Compress more than one video at a time.
Movavi Video Converter
It is an application that has been designed for conversing and compress the video. You can find a free version and a paid version. One of its main characteristics is that it is one of the few compressors that allow working with 4K.
- This program has support for desktop devices and mobile devices.
- It is compatible with Windows and macOS.
- You can import files to iTunes and PSP easily.
- It has many output formats for your videos.
- You can change the size and duration of the video you want to compress.
- You can make adjustments to the video such as rotate, cut, adjust brightness, contrast, among others.
- It allows you to choose the size to which you want to reduce your video.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
It is a very complete program that is considered one of the best on the market. It is a paid application that allows you to convert and compress HD videos with high speed and with more than 400 pre-set conversion profiles.
- It is compatible with the largest number of formats that can exist in the market.
- It has pre-established conversion profiles which help people with no previous experience.
- It allows advanced edits before compressing the videos, such as joining video clips, cropping, expanding, adding subtitles and resizing the video.
Free HD Video Converter
It works for Windows and it allows you to compress videos quickly and easily. It gives you the choice to choose the size of the compression and the quality with which you want your video to stay.
- It has a visual tool so that you can observe the final Quality of your video.
- It has various input and output formats such as MP4, MOV, AVI, MTS, HD MP4, HD AVI, and HD MPG.
- It allows you to convert HD videos.
It is a program that allows you to compress videos very easily, with more than 500 supported videos, audio and image formats. It comes a free version and a paid version, but both fulfill the same functions in terms of video compression.
- You can extract videos from your computer and also from social networks like YouTube and Facebook.
- It also has formats to play on mobile devices.
- Compress in 4K and HD.
- Before compressing, you can use basic editing tools like cutting, cropping, rotating, combining videos and resizing the video.
- You can compress movies without losing their Quality and even adding subtitles.
- The downside of this program is that the free version will leave a watermark on your work.
Any Video Converter
It is a very good video compressor that has a free version and a pro version. This program is available for Windows and macOS.
- It works in formats like RMVB. MP4. AVI. MOV. MKV, FLV and many more.
- Loss of Quality in compressed videos is minimal.
- You can choose the output format that adapts to the device of your preference.,
- It can convert and compress videos very quickly.
VSDC Video Converter
It is a Windows compressor for videos that are in MP4 format. It has several output formats and its download takes up very little space on your computer.
- It has a very easy-to-understand user interface.
- Provides various options for the fine format of your video.
- Allows you to record the final video as a video file on DVD.
- It does not have compatibility with mobile devices.
- It is ideal for jobs that need to be done quickly and easily.
Fimora9 is a video editor with a free and a paid version, which also can compress your videos. However, it will lose part of its Quality in the process.
- It is available for Windows and macOS.
- Video compression includes a decrease in transfer rate and frames per second.
- You can convert to formats such as MP4, Avi, FLV, MOV, among others
- Another disadvantage is that the free version includes a watermark.
How to Compress a Video Online
You can also compress your videos without using a program, as there are several free online video compressors. To access them, simply type in the search engine “Online Video Compressor” and choose the one of your preference. In case you wish, here are a couple of converters that could help you:
- FlexClip Free Video Compressor
- Convert video
To use these converters, you just have to choose the video you want to convert, convert it and then download it. The advantage of online converters is that you do not need to install programs and they are usually easy to use. The disadvantages are that some websites store your data when uploading your videos and also that your videos will lose a bit of quality the more you reduce their size.
To sum up
There are several ways in which we can compress videos, for example we can compress them into a zip file , although if what we want is to reduce their size to the maximum, it is indicated to use specialized tools in videos, which also allow us to modify the format, select the compression rate and final size. We’ve listed the best program for you. You can choose the one you want to help with your work.