You are looking to get rid of the “Activate Windows – Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on Windows 10/8/7? Here you are in the right place, I will guide you how to remove it.
- 1 How to Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark
- 2 Method 1: You use KMS key to remove activate Windows watermark
- 3 Method 2: You use the Windows product key to remove activate Windows watermark
- 4 Method 3: You edit the registry to remove the Windows 10 watermark
- 5 Method 4: You remove the Windows 10 watermark by text file
How to Remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark
Method 1: You use KMS key to remove activate Windows watermark
You can read these articles to know:
Applies to: Windows 10 all versions, Windows 8/8.1 all versions, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Enterprise
How to remove activate Windows 10 watermark
Step 1: You select the right key for your Windows 10 edition you use
- Windows 10 Pro key: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Windows 10 Home key: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
If you use Windows 10 Home N, Windows 10 Pro N, Windows 10 Education, Windows 10 Enterprise, you visit here to get Windows 10 KMS key: https://appsforpcfree.net/windows-10-product-key-free/
Step 2: You go to the taskbar and type cmd => then you right-click Command Prompt and you select Run as administrator
Step 3: You use the command “slmgr.vbs /ipk yourlicensekey” to install a license key (yourlicensekey is the activation key you got at step 1).
For example, my Windows 10 is Windows 10 Pro. So I type:
slmgr.vbs /ipk W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
Then you enter.
Step 4: You use the command “slmgr.vbs /skms kms8.msguides.com” to connect to my KMS server.
Step 5: The last step is to activate your Windows you use the command “slmgr.vbs /ato”
Note: Sometimes my KMS servers are busy. So you will receive the error code 0xc004f074
You type “slmgr.vbs /ato” again to reconnect my KMS servers.
You check the activation status again.
You watch this video to know how to remove activate Windows 10 watermark
Method 2: You use the Windows product key to remove activate Windows watermark
If you have Windows 10/8/7 product key, you go Activation Setting to activate your Windows. After you activate your Windows, the activate Windows watermark will disappear.
I also sell cheap Windows 10/8/7 product key ($25/key) on https://saleproductkey.com/
Method 3: You edit the registry to remove the Windows 10 watermark
- You open Windows registry editor by Press windows + R, type regedit and hit the enter key.
- Then you expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- You double click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” in the right-hand window.
- And you change the value “1” to a “0” and click OK to save changes.
- You Close registry editor and any other programs and restart your computer.
Method 4: You remove the Windows 10 watermark by text file
Step 1: You create new text document, then you copy code below
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
Step 2: Then you choose “Save As” to save it as a batch file, name “Activation.bat”
Step 3: You run the batch file as administrator
Done! Now you restart your pc or laptop. There is no more “activate windows go to settings to activate windows” on your PC.
Tag: how to remove activate windows watermark, activate windows watermark removal
- Windows 7 Professional product key
- Windows 7 Enterprise product key
- Windows 8 product key
- Windows 8.1 product key